January 2019 - Photo: Andreas Weiss, www.andreasweiss.org
Wohnkultur 66, which is Anna Martina Münch & Manfred Werner, has specialized in architects furniture of the first half of the 20th century. Since 1993 they sell manufactured pieces from Scandinavian, Austrian and Austro-American architects and designers.
The showroom is located in an historical slaughterhouse in Hamburg Schanzenviertel. 2009 Wohnkultur 66 opened a gallery in Berlin-Mitte.
Some of the represented brands: House of Finn Juhl, Brdr. Petersens Polstermöbelfabrik, PP Möbler, Friedrich Kiesler Collection & Johannes Spalt by Wittmann, Kalmar Werkstätten, Werkstätte Carl Auböck, Richard Neutra collection by VS, our own collection “Vienna – New York”, Frank Lloyd Wright lamp collection and many others…
FINN JUHL (1912–1989) was not only a famous Danish architect, he also created a remarkable number of furniture designs characterized by a very distinctive style – including the Poet Sofa, the Pelican armchair or the chair models 109 and 46. To this day, all pieces are produced exclusively in Denmark and Japan by the best craftsmen under the supervision of the Finn Juhl Foundation & House of Finn Juhl™.
BRDR PETERSEN is a Danish furniture manufacturer based near Aarhus founded in 1973. They are producing furniture after original designs from Nanna Ditzel, Ib Kofod-Larsen, Vilhelm Lauritzen and Tove & Edvard Kindt Larsen. They are well-known for their upholstery work in excellent quality, which can be seen, for example, on the iconic Radiohussofa by Vilhelm Lauritzen.
PP MØBLER is producing furniture designs by Hans J. Wegner (1914–2007) in the third generation. Here his most sophisticated and complicated icons, such as the Teddy Bear Chair or the Peacock Chair are produced exclusively – everything manufactured completely by hand in Denmark.
VIENNA – NEW YORK is the exclusive furniture collection of Wohnkultur 66 including designs by Hugo Gorge (1883–1934), Ernst Schwadron (1896–1979) and others. Furniture from both representatives of the Austrian Werkbund can be found in several design museums, galleries and at international auctions. All pieces are handmade in Germany and Denmark.
- Shop photos Wohnkultur 66 2012–2019
- Exhibitions at the Hotel Chelsea 2013–2016
- Collection Vienna–New York 2015
- pdf Forgotten Architects of the Austrian Werkbund
FRIEDRICH KIESLER (1890–1965), Austrian architect, emigrated to America in 1926 and was an extraordinary avant-gardist and radical modernist. This is reflected, for example, in his concept for Peggy Guggenheim’s Gallery in New York, for which the Correalistic Instrument was conceived. The private Friedrich und Lilian Kiesler-Foundation supervises his furniture collection produced by Wittmann in Austria.
RICHARD NEUTRA (1892–1970), one of the greatest pioneers of modern architecture, moved from Vienna to America in 1923. He designed individual furniture for his villas and residential projects, such as the Boomerang Chair. For the first time they are now being manufactured in series at VS in Tauber-Bischofsheim.
Viennese manufacturer KALMAR WERKSTÄTTEN, founded 1881, was one of the leading lamp producers of the Austrian Werkbund. It had its international breakthrough after the war and is still family run until today.
CARL AUBÖCK, located in Vienna since 1900, manufacturer of decorative art, hasn’t changed a bit since the time between the wars. They designed the most beautiful pieces, highly collectable. Today Carl Auböck IV. is running the workshop.
ARTHUR SALM (1904–1988) was running a flatware production in Germany during the 1930s. He escaped Germany 1938 and moved to Chicago. After the war he carried on with his company Arthur Salm Inc. and from 1957 he cooperated with Carl Auböck on many projects.
- > See all products by Kalmar
- Shop photos Wohnkultur 66 2012–2019 & Exhibition at the Hotel Chelsea 2013-2015
- Shop photos Wohnkultur 66 2012–2019
- Vintage Design collection Wohnkultur 66
- Vintage Design Collection Wohnkultur66 - Fondue Set + Pitcher and Glasses + wooden bowls
- Vintage Design collection Arthur Salm I
- Vintage Design collection Arthur Salm II
- Vintage Design Collection Arthur Salm: Clutching forks and knives + have a cigarette…
- Vintage Design collection Arthur Salm & Carl Auböck
- Exhibition Wohnkultur 66 Berlin 2018
- pdf Arthur Salm – a story of steel and stamps.
- Konrad Friedel: Schalentiere – Licht- und Raumskulpturen
- Gefäße by Lutz Könecke
- Marta Maas Fjetterström - Textiles + Carpets
- Nanna Ditzel items
- Arne Vodder items
- Johannes Spalt - Constanze Bedsofa
- Project: Ad for AD
- Invitations …
- Danish weaver Hanne Vedel Spindegaarden Aabenraa
- An Afternoon at Bruno Mathsson’s House & Bruno Mathsson Museum
- pdf Architectural Digest Germany April 2018
- pdf Architectural Digest Germany Choice 2017
- pdf House and Garden May 2017
- pdf Vogue Germany, August 2016
- pdf Architectural Digest Germany Choice 2015
- pdf Press 2013/14
- pdf Architectural Digest Mexico November 2012
- pdf Sammler Journal 2012
- pdf Klasse Bernhard Prinz imm Cologne 2012
- pdf Stylepark 2011